Broken Roads is a narrative-driven RPG for PC and Console.
We were responsible for development of Broken Roads from June 2019 to December 2021.
Jacques, as the Technical Lead, had the following responsibilities:
- All software development at Drop Bear Bytes, creating Broken Roads RPG
- Solution Architecture for Broken Roads solution, which included Articy Draft 3, an Angular Web App (CMS), NodeJS Automation, Bash Automation and Unity project for the game itself
- Articy Draft 3
- Implementation of custom fragments, from data design to implementation in Unity/C#
- Created custom Articy Draft 3 Plugins using C#/WPF
- Angular 9 WebApp
- Inhouse custom tool, which was used as a CMS for the game items, characters, POI, locations, etc..
- I did the Software Architecture and development of the SPA using Angular, Firebase, NodeJS, Leaflet
- NodeJS and Bash Automation
- Source control automation and Content automation tools
- Unity and C#
- Design and development of all systems and modules in the game, from Gameplay, UI, Persistence, AI, Dialogue, Quests, Characters, Editor Tools, to name just a few.
- Provide Unity technical support and training for the team
- Provided technical support to Level designers, narrative team, and content team
- Provided source control support and training to the entire team
- Created and maintained technical standards, documents, and diagrams.
- Created hand-over technical documents for Team17 and The Knights of Unity
Melanie, as the Level Assembler, had the following responsibilities:
- Level Assembly of various scenes in Unity
- Implementing game features
- Documentation of manuals